Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Side Jobs.

Over the past couple months I've been mostly working traditionally, trying to pick up oil painting. While it's been very rewarding I still suck far too hard at it to post any of my studies. However, I've had a few side projects that have been a ton of fun to work on.

Firstly, a poster for my friend Toby's fabulous once-every-month-or-two-depending-on-how-things-are show, "The Weekly Revue." If any of you are in New Orleans I highly recommend coming to hang out. Well worth your five bucks.

Secondly, I joined Reddit's Secret Santa this year and have been doing a little digital piece (ripping off a Frazetta composition) for my giftee. I'm still very much an amateur with digital painting, but I like how this has been turning out. Going to wrap it up over the next 24 hours. It'll stay sketchy, but will have a lot more color.


UPDATE: Almost done!


UPDATE: Final. It's sketchy and all, but I'm pretty happy with it. I hope my giftee is, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment